Neil’s Large Chocolate Chip Cookies(yields about 14 large 3.5” cookies) Ingredients
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup packed Dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup washed raw sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips 1 cup milk chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
2. Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, cream together the melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar until well blended. Beat in the vanilla, egg, and egg yolk until light and creamy. Mix in the sifted ingredients until just blended. Stir in the chocolate chips by hand using a wooden spoon. Drop cookie dough 1/4 cup at a time onto the prepared cookie sheets. Cookies should be about 3 inches apart.
4. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the edges are lightly toasted and the middle of the cookie still looks a little under done. Cool on baking sheets for a few minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.