A woman says she found a little something extra in her dinner....
Yup! Kermit crashed her dinner date and landed in her salad.
Shawna Cepeda says while having dinner with her family at the BJ's in West Covina.
“I see something kind of rolled up. I was like, ‘this doesn’t look right,’ so I passed it to my husband. I asked, ‘Is that a piece of lettuce?’ Then he looked and my daughter looked at it and he was like, ‘it’s a frickin’ frog.’”
She immediately alerted staff who then disposed of the frog.
Los Angeles County Department of Public Health officials say an inspector went into the restaurant and found no health code violations.
Chief financial officer for BJ’s Greg Levin says the company has launched an internal investigation and is discussing the issue with suppliers and distributors to ensure this never happens again.
“Guest satisfaction and quality control are our highest priorities. We take situations like this very seriously.”
Cepeda says it was probably an isolated incident, but is still grossed out by the event.
“I can’t believe not only did it go through (their) produce vendor’s hands, but your hands and nobody happened to notice. It was a pretty full house. There was a lot of kids there and I think that’s what has been bugging me the most.”
She also says she's felt ill ever since and when she went to the doctor to check for salmonella, but was instead told she may have had some sort of bacterial infection.
“I’ve been burping nonstop, everything I eat has been making me sick. I don’t even want to look at salad.”