Friday June 23rd will be one of the cuddliest days of the year as it marks Take Your Dog to Work Day!
Originally created by Pet Sitters International "to celebrate the great companions dogs make and promote their adoptions."
Bringing your pup to work could inspire your co-workers to go out and make their family a little furrier!
If you plan to partake in the fun, here's a few tips:
- Ask first! This is one of those times where it is better to ask permission and not forgiveness. Some workplaces don't allow dogs because of health reasons so check first.
- Is your dog ready? Not all dogs like being in new, unusual places or with strangers.
- Can you give your pup a break? Dogs need to stretch their legs and running around barking isn't a fun time for the humans at work.
- Bring supplies! Make sure Fido has food, water and if needed puppy pads.
- Are you okay with watching them? Your dog, your responsibility so make sure you're able to keep an eye on your fur baby.