Two staffers at PA rehab facility die of drug overdoses


Packets of heroin found on the scene - Chester County District Attorney's Office

(Packets of heroin found on the scene - Chester County District Attorney's Office)

Two workers at an unlicensed Pennsylvania recovery home for drug addicts died on the same night from overdosing on a lethal mix of heroin and fentanyl.

Their bodies were found passed out at the Freedom Ridge Recovery Lodge in their private rooms, which were littered with used needles and little bags of heroin.

Chester County District Attorney Tom Hogan told NBC News:

"They were found by the other residents. They came over to get their programming and medications and found the bodies."

Hogan added that their deaths were a "frightening example" of the opioid epidemic ravaging Pennsylvania and many other states:

"The staff members in charge of supervising recovering addicts succumbed to their own addiction and died of opioid overdoses. Opioids are a monster that is slowly consuming our population."

Neither of the owners of Freedom Ridge were there at the time of the deaths, and they're not facing any charges for leaving the facility in the hands of the two dead men. Hogan added:

"There were no licensing requirements so they don't appear to have broken any laws."

Stay away from opioids. Read more at NBC News.


Sponsored Content

Sponsored Content