Computer Seized, Grandmother Questioned in Search for Missing Boy


Missing Boy-Montebello Search

Homicide detectives served a search warrant at a home in Montebello Thursday after they received some ‘new information’ in the case of a 5-year-old boy who vanished while visiting his father a month ago.

Los Angeles County Sheriff’s deputies removed a computer and other items from the home just off Beverly Blvd. where the boy’s father, Aramazd Andressian, Sr., recently returned to live with his mother.

Some neighbors said they saw a U-Haul rental van at the home in the last week or so – which is when they say the father moved in.

“Which is I think what triggered this,” said Frank Lizarraga, who lives across the street.

A deputy could be seen using a video camera to record in the backyard of the home and through the doorway of a detached garage at the rear of the property.

Eric Leonard photo - detectives searched a home in Montebello on Thursday, May 25, 2017 for evidence in the disappearance of 5-year-old Aramazd Andressian, Jr.Andressian’s mother – the boy’s grandmother – was driven by detectives to the East L.A. Sheriff’s Station for questioning. She was back at the home in Montebello several hours later.

Andressian’s son, Aramazd, Jr., was last seen with his father and grandmother leaving Disneyland April 20.

The father told detectives he was knocked unconscious after he and the boy went to play in a park in South Pasadena Saturday, April 22, and claims he doesn’t remember what happened to his son.

The father, seen below in a Sheriff's Department photo, had ingested prescription drugs and detectives said the father’s gray BMW had been doused with gasoline inside and out.

“As to how those items play into what occurred, he has not been cooperative, so we don’t know,” said Sheriff’s Homicide Bureau Lt. Joe Mendoza.

No evidence has been found that the boy was harmed, but no leads have brought investigators any closer to finding the boy, Mendoza said.

Detectives have been unable to confirm the boy was seen anywhere after the Disneyland visit.

Last week the boy’s mother made a public plea for her son’s return.

“There are no words to describe how devastated and heartbroken I am,” Anna Estevez said.

The L.A. County Board of Supervisors increased the reward for information to $20,000.


Sponsored Content

Sponsored Content