With five major events and roadwork in Pasadena, this weekend is going to be a major traffic headache.
Here's what's going on and how you can avoid the mess:
- U2 has two sold out shows in the Rose Bowl starting at 6:30.
- Lots open at 2:30 so get there early to beat congestion and maybe have a little pre-party.
- NASA's Jet Propulsion Lab in La Cañada Flintridge has an open house through the weekend
- The event goes from 8:30 a.m. to 4p.m.
- While the times won't conflict too much with the U2 concerts, almost 18,000 tickets were sold for both days.
- The Amgen Tour of California will finish from 1 to 2 p.m. Saturday on Green Street at The Paseo and in front of the Pasadena Civic Auditorium.
- There will be a lot of riders and spectators at the event, so watch out as you drive along the areas near the 210 Freeway.
- Litfest is going on at Vroman’s Bookstore on Colorado Boulevard and the Pasadena Playhouse on El Molino Avenue in the Pasadena Playhouse District.
- The event is both days from 11:15 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- The last major event is the Museums of the Arroyo Day!
- Happening from noon to 5 p.m. Sunday.
- Pasadena Museum of History and The Gamble House will have free admission.
- Other LA museums participating include Heritage Square, L.A. Police Museum, Lummis House and the Autry’s Historic Southwest Museum.
Besides all the events, there's major pavement work going on the 210 Freeway.
Caltrans re-opened the four on and off ramps during the weekend but the right lane from Ocean View Boulevard to Lincoln Avenue will remain closed.