CA Mom Got Botulism From Gas Station Cheese


A woman from Sacramento is fighting for her life after contracting botulism from eating gas station nacho cheese.

Botulism is a serious bacterial illness that can cause paralysis, breathing difficulty and be potentially fatal.

The Sacramento Bee reported Lavinia Kelly had become so sick from the food, she can't even speak or breathe on her own.

Kelly's partner Ricky Torres says she only got worse as time went on.

“We just don’t understand why this happened over a bag of chips and nacho cheese. Really? How does that happen?”

Health officials say Kelly is only one of five people sick with botulism linked to the Valley Oak Food and Fuel store in Walnut Grove.

Her family has since filed a civil suit against the store alleging negligence, strict product liability and breach of implied warranty.


Sponsored Content

Sponsored Content