Awful: 18-month-old in serious condition after overdosing on heroin

An 18-month-old is recovering in the hospital after she accidentally overdosed on heroin.

Both of the girl's parents, Jason Bolden and Brandy Estep, were found passed out on the kitchen floor.


Family friend and babysitter Laura Royal found the child in grave condition:

"When I actually looked back at the baby, she was blue."

The father, Jason Bolden, refused to take the toddler to the hospital because he was afraid of being arrested.

Royal said:

"He kept on saying it was her sugar. He knew."

Police arrived right as Bolden finally rushed off to the hospital with the girl.

Portsmouth police captain Lynn Brewer said both the toddler and Estep were partially revived with Narcan:

"It's heart-wrenching especially when you have kids of your own and you can relate to what's going on. At that age, everything goes into their mouths. They pick it up, they stick in in their mouth. I don’t care what it is. That’s why you have to be so careful about keeping an eye on your kids.”

Bolden and Estep both face a felony charge of Child Endangering, and could get up to three years in prison if convicted.

Hopefully this little girl can fully recover and get away from her dirtbag parents.

Read more at WSAZ.

Sponsored Content

Sponsored Content