Listen Live on  
 

KFI AM 640

#1 in News, Talk, and Sports in LA & San Diego
 
 

John and Ken

Bryan Stow Jury Sends New Question

 
Posted July 8th, 2014 @ 2:31pm

Jurors considering Bryan Stow’s negligence case against the Dodgers and former team owner Frank McCourt sent a question to the judge Tuesday but the content of the question was sealed by the judge.

Lawyers for Stow and McCourt were summoned to the judge’s chambers several times between 9:30 and 10:30 a.m. to discuss the question and the response, but the attorneys said they were specifically ordered by L.A. Superior Court Judge Victor E. Chavez not to reveal the substance of those discussions.

The court reporter said the judge also sealed the transcripts of the meetings, and the court bailiff refused a media request to discuss the unusual secrecy with the judge.

Jurors sent the latest note on the eighth day of deliberations, three days after jurors told the judge they were deadlocked and had been unable to reach decision on any of the verdict questions.

The jurors are deciding whether the Dodgers and McCourt were negligent in the beating of Stow in a Dodger Stadium parking lot after the opening day game in 2011.

Stow has demanded at least $36 million in compensation for past and future medical expenses and lost earnings.

Attorneys representing McCourt and the Dodgers say Stow deserves nothing because the stadium had adequate security on the day of the attack.

Read more at KFI News

Recommended Stories

More from KFI AM 640

*