The political world is paying tribute to Dianne Feinstein, the trailblazing California Senator who died Thursday at the age of 90. Here's what some of Feinstein's colleagues had to say:
- Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-NY): "a very, very sad day for all of us"
- Sen. Dick Durbin (D-Ill): "She never backed down from a cause that she thought was right."
- Sen. John Kennedy (R-LA) "We didn’t agree politically, but she was a delight to serve with."
- Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL): "a political pioneer"
- Sen. Katie Boyd Britt (R-AL): "Dianne Feinstein lived a life of service, blazing a path for women in the Senate and girls across our nation."
- California Gov. Gavin Newsom: "There is simply nobody who possessed the strength, gravitas, and fierceness of Dianne Feinstein."