When it comes to inflation, some cities are getting hit harder than others.
- WalletHub recently used data from the Consumer Price Index to take a closer look at how inflation has risen.
- According to their report, these are the top metro locations that have mostly been affected by inflation:
- 1 Philadelphia-Camden-Wilmington, PA
- 2 Detroit-Warren-Dearborn, MI
- 3 Phoenix-Mesa-Scottsdale, AZ
- 4 Seattle-Tacoma-Bellevue, WA
- 5 Atlanta-Sandy Springs-Roswell, GA
- According to Professor William K. Tabb in the report, "the leading culprits are cost-plus pricing by firms with substantial market power and the continuing effects of supply chain disruptions"