A Spirit Airlines flight was forced to make an emergency landing when a fire broke out, injuring at least 10 people.
- The flight was headed to Orlando from Dallas when smoke began to fill the cabin.
- The source was a battery that had caught fire inside an overhead compartment.
- Flight crew and passengers - one of whom was a retired firefighter - were able to put out the fire while the plane made an emergency landing in Jacksonville.
- 10 people, including both passengers and crew members, were taken to hospitals for treatment. Injuries were non-life-threatening.
- The FAA is investigating.