Students and staffers at Michigan State University were ordered to “secure-in-place” after shots were fired on campus Monday night, authorities said.
- “There have been shots fired near Berkey Hall on the East Lansing campus,” MSU police wrote on Twitter.
- “Please secure-in-place immediately. Police are active on scene,” the post continued.
- It wasn’t immediately clear if anybody was injured.
- University police also sent out an alert warning the campus community to “Run, Hide, Fight,” according to Freep.com.
- “Run means evacuate away from danger if you can do so safely, Hide means to secure-in-place, and Fight means protect yourself if no other option,” the message said.