A big change is on the way to Major League Baseball.
- Beginning next season, teams will be allowed to sell CBD sponsorships for things such as jersey patches.
- CBD stands for cannabidiol and is a chemical compound found naturally in cannabis plants.
- MLB officials said as part of the agreement, the CBD products must be certified as not containing psychoactive levels of THC (the main compound found in cannabis) -- and any sponsor must be approved by the commissioner's office.
- In addition, CBD companies will also be able to air ads during MLB games.
- How will allowing CBD sponsorships change MLB and possibly expand to other pro sports?