A 25-year-old woman was hospitalized after being gored by a bison in Yellowstone National Park.
- Officials said the bison was walking near a boardwalk at Black Sand Basin, just north of Old Faithful, on Monday when the woman tried to get close to it.
- The wild animal reportedly tossed the Ohio woman about 10 feet in the air.
- She is being treated for a puncture wound and other injuries.
- Park regulations require visitors to remain at least 75 feet away from bison, which can run three times faster than humans.
- Bison have injured more people in Yellowstone than any other animal, according to officials.
- Have you had a scary/crazy encounter with a wild animal?
Photo Credit: Getty Images