Mass shootings are becoming all too common in recent years in the United States.
- Here's a timeline of some of them.
- ROBB ELEMENTARY SCHOOL, May 2022: An 18-year-old gunman opened fire Tuesday at an elementary school in Uvalde Texas, killing 19 children and two adults. The suspect was killed by law enforcement.
- SANTA FE HIGH SCHOOL, May 2018: A 17-year-old killed 10 people, most of them students, at a Houston-area high school. The suspect has been charged with murder.
- MARJORY STONEMAN DOUGLAS HIGH SCHOOL, February 2018: An attack left 14 students and three staff members dead at the school in Parkland, Florida. The 20-year-old suspect was charged with murder.
- UMPQUA COMMUNITY COLLEGE, October 2015: A man killed nine people at the school in Roseburg, Oregon, and injured nine others before killing himself.
- SANDY HOOK ELEMENTARY, December 2012: A 19-year-old man killed his mother at their home in Newton, Connecticut, then went to nearby Sandy Hook Elementary School and killed 20 first-graders and six educators. He then killed himself.
- VIRGINIA TECH, April 2007: A 23-year-old student killed 32 people on the campus in Blacksburg, Virginia, and injured more than two dozen others. The gunman then killed himself.
Photo Credit: Getty Images