Police are investigating the death of a 14-year-old boy after he fell from a ride at an Orlando theme park.
- The teen fell from the Orlando Free-Fall ride at Icon Park late Thursday night.
- He was taken to an area hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
- The ride is relatively new, having just opened in December 2021.
- It bills itself as the world's tallest freestanding drop tower at 430 feet.
- According to the park's website, the ride holds 30 passengers as it rises in the air, rotates around the tower, and then tilts to face the ground before free falling at more than 75 mph.
- Have you had a scary experience on an amusement park ride - maybe you got stuck high up in the air or something malfunctioned?
Photo Credit: Getty Images