Hey, this sounds like something fun to do with the family. A sleepover at the very LAST Blockbuster video store in Bend, Oregon. Well, how could I do that you ask? Blockbuster has made this dream a reality. They are turning the Blockbuster into an Airbnb for three glorious nights.
- Eat Twizzlers
- Watch Clueless, Jurassic Park, Dennis the Menace or Tombstone on a VCR and Big TV
- Sleep on a sofa-bed
- They are going full 90's theme
Dreams really can come true...for some.
Sandi Harding, the store manager of the last Blockbuster in the world, will soon allow stays at the Bend, Oregon, establishment through Airbnb, according to a company press release on Tuesday.
But, before you all sign-up it's only for residents of Deschutes County, where the Blockbuster is located, and are the ONLY ones permitted to request to book a stay at the store. Bummer.
SEEMED TO GOOD TO BE TRUE
- The store is also only available for a limited time — for three individual
- One-night reservations on September 18, 19 and 20
- Booking requests are open to residents of the county starting August 17
"In appreciation for all that the local community has recently done to support the last-of-its-kind during these uncertain times, this end of summer sleepover will offer movie lovers in Deschutes County the chance for a 90s-themed stay to relive the bygone Friday night tradition just as we remember it," the release explained.
More on this story CBSNEWS