Meet Filya, a two year-old lion who runs free at the Taigan Safari park in Crimea.
- A small group of tourists were driving their safari vehicle, when Filya came over and crawled onto the driver then starting licking and nuzzling the tourists.
- Oleg Zubkov, owner of the Taigan Safari Park and a lion tamer, was nearby watching as this happens and can be heard telling tourists "Relax, relax, relax he just wants to say hello, don't jump out, just relax"
- The tourists took selfies and recorded video of Filya on their phones.
- This park was known for giving up and personal experiences with lions. A policy that landed them in trouble only eight weeks ago, when a woman was attacked by a lion.
Olga Solomina, was mauled by a lion named Vitya at this same park only 8 weeks ago.
Solomina told The Sun
"[a lion] bit through my right arm and used it to drag me – like a puppet,”
The Sun that the animal bit her arm and dragged her like a puppet.
- Zubkov has told the Sun that his guests are safe as long as they follow his directions- which he felt Solomina did not do that.
Solomina has threatened legal action.
Zubkov told the Daily Mail in regards to Solomina -
“It was my mistake not to realize that she had had cognac before entering — possibly because she was scared. She came inside and started ruffling the lions's mane. Vitya the lion came close to her and pulled her away by her arm.”