Ant Attempts Daring Diamond Heist A NYC gem dealer had to deal with a cunning jewel thief.
The Zsa Zsa of ants tried to make off with a very tiny diamond.
- Video of the jewel heist has gone viral, with the ant emerging from a pile of tiny diamonds and scurrying across the desk with a diamond that's bigger than he is.
- That ant has great taste!
- Experts think the ant probably thought the diamond was food for some reason.
- Unfortunately, the video cuts off before we learn the fate of either the ant or the diamond. The video-grapher would not make it in Hollywood, cutting off the scene at such a crucial moment. A cliffhanger maybe?
THE STRENGTH OF ANTS
Think about this...
- Inside Science says new research published February 20, 2014 showed that the neck joint of a common field ant can withstand 5,000 times the ant’s weight. What the H?!
- Ants weigh about 1-5 mg!
- One carat is equal to 0.2 grams, or 0.007 ounces
- Five carats equals 1gram
- So there you go!
Next time your found, with your chin on the ground
There a lot to be learned, so look around
Just what makes that little old ant
Think he'll move that rubber tree plant
Anyone knows an ant, can't
Move a rubber tree plant
But he's got high hopes, he's got high hopes
He's got high apple pie, in the sky hopes
So any time your gettin' low'stead of lettin' go
Just remember that ant
Oops there goes another rubber tree plant
When troubles call, and your back's to the wallThere a lot to be learned, that wall could fall
Once there was a silly old ram
Thought he'd punch a hole in a dam
No one could make that ram, scram
He kept buttin' that dam