UPDATE: It's been reported by ABC News that since this initial story broke, the homeless individual (who we now know is named Phil) has been hired by McDonald's as they promised!
Original story below
A Tallahassee police officer's act of kindness goes viral after he helps a homeless man shave, so he can apply for a job.
- According to a post on the Tallahassee Police Department's Facebook page, Kelly Duvall sent in a picture and video to the police department after her daughter filmed the officer shaving a homeless man's beard outside a Circle K gas station.
- Duvall told CBS affiliate WTSP that her daughter went inside the Circle K store and when she came out she saw the officer shaving the man.
Duvall had written on Facebook-
"She offered to buy him a drink and got talking. Apparently the officer was at McDonald's next door and this gentleman went in looking for a job. He was told they wouldn't hire him unless he shaved his beard. So the officer went and got some clippers and shaved the man's beard so he could go back and get a job!"
HUGE SHOUTOUTS! To Officer Carlson - you are a giant stud! A little kindness goes a long way!
- And also to Kelly Duvall and her daughter for recognizing this good deed and doing their own good deed by taking the time to highlight good deeds! Whew!
- And to the Tallahassee Police Dept. for having such great officers and keeping the community safe & protected. And keeping the community well-shaven.
- And to the homeless man for moving forward when things get ridiculously tough! Good luck bub!
- And to Circle K for being there
- And to McDonalds - I hope you hire this man and do your own good deed!