Turns out Jan Brady wasn't so "paranoid" after-all! She was a burden...a financial burden.
Now, it's always going to be about Marcia! Marcia! Marcia! Or little baby Cindy!
- Middle Children Are Going Extinct Because Of Millenials. Thanks Millenials!
- Are you a middle child? If so, you're part of a vanishing breed.
GOODBYE MIDDLE CHILD SYNDROME - that's good I guess
What were the effects of ‘middle child syndrome’?
- No more being ignored
- No more resentment
- No more identity crisis. You're not the older, mature more responsible one. And you're not the cute baby! Now you're just non-existent.
According to new data, middle children are disappearing because most Millenials don't want more than two children.
- Researchers say in 1971, three children was considered the "ideal", while nowadays most parents think two children is enough.
- In fact, last year birth rates for women under 40 dropped to their lowest point in 30 years.
- If you are a middle child, then National Middle Child Day is coming up on August 12.
- How many children is "ideal" for you? Just one or two or do you want a big family?
Pew Research Center notes, says the average cost of raising a child might contribute to the trend-
- In 1960, the cost of raising a child was about $198,560.
- In 2013, it shot up to $245,340.
- Imagine what it is in 2018...imagine, cause I don't have that number. I bet a lot!
Just having a baby will set you back. Although the cost varies from state- to-state, labor and delivery can range from $3,000 to $37,000 per child for a normal vaginal delivery and from $8,000 to $70,000 if a C-section or special care is needed. YIKES!
Then add in the food, toys, babysitters, clothes, diapers, school supplies, summer camp, Disneyland, eyeglasses, dentist, Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, cheer-leading, band, laptop, iphone, prom, prom dress, car, insurance, college, wedding, vacations...whew! I'm broke!