WHAT WE KNOW
- Parents David Allen Turpin, 57, & Louise Anna Turpin, 49, were charged with torture and child endangerment and $9 million bail for each has been set.
- Police found 12 siblings chained to beds inside a home in Perris, California, after a 17-year-old girl escaped.
- The 17-year-old girl stole a cell phone inside the home, escaped the house and called 911
- The siblings are aged from two to 29 and were shackled to beds with chains and padlocks.
- They appeared to be malnourished and complained of being starved.
- Police said the inside of the house was dark and foul-smelling room.
- Some neighbors said they didn't know children lived there.
- State records appear to suggest David Turpin home-schools his six children at their address
Our very own Kris Ankarlo talked with Conway