WHAT WE KNOW
- Thirteen people are confirmed dead following a powerful overnight storm that swept through Santa Barbara County and unleashed flooding and mudslides that carried boulders and debris through neighborhoods and wiping out at least six homes.
- An unidentified 14 year-old girl was rescued by firefighters when the girl was trapped in the rubble of her home in Montecito.
- The heavy rain triggered the mudslides as well as several freeway closures, in areas that were charred by recent fires.
- At least 25 others were injured in the county and around 50 people have been rescued, thousands flee the area.
- Between 3 a.m. and 6 a.m., emergency dispatchers received about 600 calls.