WHAT WE KNOW
- CBS' 50th anniversary special on The Carol Burnett Show aired last night and delivered huge ratings for CBS; bringing in over 15 million viewers.
- It's that type of show that everyone watched and could tell you their favorite moment.
- There was a Q&A session with the Carol Burnett (now 84 yrs-old) as well as appearances from co-stars Vicki Lawrence and Lyle Waggoner. My dad (Tim Conway) regrettably was under-the-weather when the day they filmed the tribute show.
- Carol told her favorite stories and shared her favorite sketches.
- Jim Carrey, Kristin Chenoweth, Stephen Colbert, Harry Connick Jr., Bill Hader, Jay Leno, Jane Lynch, Bernadette Peters, Maya Rudolph and Martin Short also stopped by to pay tribute to the television icon.
- Although the show ended in 1978, the series is still beloved by the millions, over 15 million for certain.