I just wanted to update you all of the status of KFI's yearly PastaThon event to benefit Caterina's Club, Chef Bruno Serato's charity in Orange County that has been feeding more than 25,000 kids every week across Southern California for more than 10 years.
Because of Covid and our company guidelines, we can not do a live, in-person event. As much as this breaks my heart because we all love this event and having the community come together for the greater good at Christ Cathedral in Orange, we just can't do it in a way that ensures everyone's safety.
So, we are kicking off a VIRTUAL event this year on November 18th to celebrate our 10th Anniversary of raising funds, pasta & sauce for Caterina's Club and this year, the need is even greater. Because of Covid, not only is Caterina's Club feeding the kids they normally feed, they are helping the community at-large, by providing free meals and pantry staples to families struggling to make ends meet during this difficult time.
Normally, it takes one year for Caterina's Club to serve 1 million meals and to go through the 110,000 pounds of pasta and sauce collected at the PastaThon last year. This year, because of the increased need in the community, they did that by July!
So, here are the details!
- Starting 11/18 we are taking donations at PastaThon.com. Pay with your credit card or via PayPal. If you prefere to send a check, please make it out to Caterina's Club and send it directly to: Caterina's Club 451 W. Lincoln Ave #251 Anaheim, CA 92805.
- Starting 11/18 and through 12/6, you can make a $10 donation at ANY Smart & Final store in CA, AZ and NV right at the register. Your $10 donation of Barilla pasta & sauce and Smart & Final products provides 14 meals to those in need.
- You can drive-thru and drop off pasta & sauce (any kind/ brand of pasta /sauce) donations directly to the Anaheim White House at 887 S. Anaheim Blvd. DAILY 8am-3pm (except Thanksgiving) You don't even have to get out of the car, just drive up and volunteers on site will collect the cdonations from you!
- 12/1 5-6am - Jennifer Jones Lee **Instagram LIVE only**
- 12/1 9-10am - Bill Handel
- 12/2 1-2pm - Gary & Shannon
- 12/3 5-6pm - John & Ken
- 12/4 6-8pm - Tim Conway Jr.
However you choose to participate, please know how much we appreciate it, we could not do this without our amazing listeners and our amazing partners, Smart & Final and Barilla. It's because of you that we have been able to raise more ethan $2.8 million and 510,000 pounds of pasta & sauce for Caterina's Club since 2010.
Thank you from the bottom of our hearts.