Labor Day marks the official end of summer and when summer ends, the L.A. Department of Parks and Recreation gets ready to drain their public pools.
BUT before they do, they do a special event called Pooches In The Pool, so your best friend, can take a cool dip.
Now, it's not a free for all. Before your best friend can swim, you'll have to check out the rules (you can see them below), fill out a form, and show a current license and vaccination records.
Eight public pools take part in the event, which allows small dogs to swim from 5-6pm and large dogs to swim from 6-7pm.
For safety reasons, you won't be allowed to swim with your dog, so don't bring your bathing suit! Just grab their life jackets and keep them on a leash until they're ready to go in the pool.
The eight public pools taking part are:
- Victoria Regional Community Park - 419 Martin Luther King Jr. St., Carson
- Loma Alta Park - 3330 Lincoln Ave, Altadena
- El Cariso Community Regional Park - 13100 Hubbard St., Sylmar
- City Terrace Park - 1126 N. Hazard Ave, Los Angeles
- George Lane Park - 5520 W. Ave. L8, Quartz Hill
- Don Knabe Community Regional Park - 19700 S. Bloomfield Ave., Cerritos
- Everett Martin Park - 35548 N. 92nd St. E., Littlerock
- Knollwood Country Club - 12040 Balboa Blvd., Granada Hills