Two in Custody Following Pursuit, Vehicle Crash in Willowbrook Area

Red and blue police lights in city

Photo: Getty Images

LOS ANGELES (CNS) - Two suspects were taken into custody Friday after a vehicle chase that led to the Willowbrook area.

The suspects' vehicle crashed about 8:20 a.m. near Mona Boulevard and 129th Street, and the driver and passenger were both detained, according to the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department.

The suspects had been regarded as "armed and dangerous," but other details were not immediately available, the sheriff's department reported.

It was the latest in a series of law enforcement pursuits in the Southland recently.

About 1 a.m. Thursday, a young man was killed in a two-vehicle collision during a Los Angeles Police Department police pursuit in Northridge. Los Angeles Police Department officers were chasing armed robbery suspects in a dark-colored SUV when the suspects' westbound vehicle on Roscoe Boulevard ran a red light and crashed into a southbound black sedan on Lindley Avenue, according to LAPD.

The driver of the sedan was pronounced dead at the scene, police said. He was identified by the Los Angeles County coroner's office as Erick Barbosa-Guardado, 19, of Reseda. The suspect was arrested after running from the scene.

About 7:40 p.m. Thursday, LAPD officers tried to stop a stolen pickup truck near Florence Avenue and Main Street, but the motorist sped off, police said.

"The officers initiated a pursuit that lasted a little over a minute and ended when the suspect ran a red light at the intersection of Gage (Avenue) and San Pedro Street when the stolen truck collided with a 4-door sedan," police said. "The suspect exited the truck and ran from officers but was taken into custody a short distance from the scene of the collision."

"The driver of the 4-door sedan, a female adult was transported to a local hospital and is currently listed in critical condition," police said Friday morning.

The suspect, a man in his 40s, and a passenger were taken into custody and were brought to a hospital in stable condition.

Sponsored Content

Sponsored Content