It's World Chocolate Day so we thought we would infuse you with some facts about Chocolate!
1) A new study has found that cocoa consumption tangibly boosts brainpower! Italian scientists found that intake of cocoa contributed to working memory performance and improved visual processing.
2) Chocolate comes from a fruit tree- the seeds of the fruit are used to make cocoa (which basically makes chocolate a fruit salad...)
3) Chocolate can help prevent sunburns! The flavanol in coca provide protection against harmful UV rays from the sun.
4) To bean or not to bean? Approximately 3 million tons of cocoa beans are used to make chocolate and chocolate products every year.
5) Benjamin Franklin sold chocolate in his print shop.
6) The first people to regularly grow and cultivate cacao trees are believed to be the ancient Maya, who drank the chocolate.
7) Hershey’s Kisses got their name from the kissing sound of the machine that makes the chocolate.
8) Canadian kids went on strike and boycotted chocolate in 1947 after the price of one bar increased 3 cents.
9) The largest chocolate truffle in the world is 2,368.5 pounds, made by Sweet Shoppe USA.
10) And the most important fact of all: it’s delicious.