15-year-old Nickolas Conrad was at a sleepover with six of his friends when they did something horrible to him. His "friends" thought it would be funny to surprise him with the "hot water challenge," an awful internet challenge where a person gets doused with scalding hot water.
"I felt this really bad burning on my neck and when I woke up and I started screaming and crying."
He suffered first and second degree burns on a large portion of his neck:
"It was the worst pain of my life. They're not my friends anymore and they're not going to be."
Conrad's mother is still in shock over what happened:
"I thought it had been an accident but when I found out it was deliberate, it's so concerning."
Now she's urging parents to warn their kids against the dangers of recreating the "hot water challenge" and other internet challenges.
Police are still looking into the incident, but no charges have been filed yet. The adults at the house were asleep when it happened and were unaware of what was going on.