Multiple fires had broken out in Los Angeles County on Thursday, October 24th due to strong Santa Ana winds. The #TickFire was initially reported at 200 acres and has since grown to over 5000 acres in mere hours. The blaze was reported early Thursday afternoon near the 31600 block of Tick Canyon Road.
A 20-acre brush fire dubbed the #Oldfire broke out in the Castaic area as well.
The series of fires erupted amid red flag conditions prompted by Santa Ana winds and single-digit humidity. The red flag warning is scheduled to remain in place until Friday night.
- North and East of Plum Cyn
- North and East of Whites Cyn
- North and East of Soledad at Whites Cyn
- North of the 14 Fwy
- West of Sequoia Rd
- Davenport Road, East of Sierra Hwy, including all the streets off of Davenport
- All residents North of 14 Freeway, east of Whites/Plum Canyon, south of Vasquez Canyon, west of Agua Dolce
- South of 14 Freeway, east of Sand Canyon, north of Placerita Canyon, and west of Robinson Ranch Golf Course
- Sand Canyon
Road and Freeway Closures
- Northbound lanes of the 14 Freeway were closed along with Soledad Canyon Road offramps on both the north and southbound sides.
- The northbound 5 Freeway at Halsey Canyon was shut down due to the blaze. State Route 126 to the 101 was an alternate.
- Southbound 5 Freeway at Templin
- All outdoor and after-school activities now canceled at Canyon High School.
- Classes after 5 p.m. at Moorpark College closed.
- All Hart District Schools closed Friday.
- All campuses at College of the Canyons, Valencia and Canyon Country campuses, closed Thursday afternoon.
College of the Canyons - Valencia campus gym 17200 Sierra Hwy, Santa Clarita, CA 91351
Newhall Community center- 22421 Market Street Newhall, CA 91321
Golden Valley High School - 27051 Robert Lee Parkway, Santa Clarita. CLOSED
Large animals and Livestock
Pierce college - 6201 Winnetka Ave, Woodland Hills, CA 91371 Address
Castaic Animal Care Center. 31044 N. Charlie Canyon Rd, Castaic