Photo: Getty Images
St. Patrick's Day is here!
Interested in making a homemade corned beef?
We got the perfect recipe for you recommended by the Fork Reporter himself.
- One beef brisket, about 4 pounds
- One bottle (12-ounces) dark beer (optional)
- Water to cover
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 10 whole cloves
- 10 juniper berries
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon dill seeds
- 2 small pieces dried ginger root, or 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 6 whole allspice berries, or 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 6 cardamom seeds, or 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mace
- Place the brisket in a large pot or Dutch oven.
- Add the beer, water to cover, brown sugar and salt, stirring to combine.
- Place all the seeds, berries and bay leaves in a piece of cheesecloth and tie with a piece of cooking twine. (If using any ground spices, just stir them into the liquid.)
- Add the cheesecloth.
- Place the pot over high heat and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium low, cover and simmer until the meat is fork tender, about 2-1/2 hours.
- Remove from the pot and thinly slice across the grain.
- Serve as is with some of the juices and your favorite mustard or horseradish sauce.
We hope this helps!
Send us your pictures and let us know how it went by emailing us @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Looking for more good recipes? Check out teriskitchen.com.?