You have the right to privacy in any relationship, including with your spouse, partner, and family. No matter how trivial or how important, for the sole reason that you want to. There are valid reasons for keeping a secret from your spouse. You shouldn't have to defend not revealing embarrassing or hurtful moments from your past. However there are some secrets you are obligated to share!
SECRETS THAT MUST BE REVEALED:
• Having an affair
• Job problems
• Keeping an addiction (porn) or substance use habits hidden
• Legal problems • Lending money
• Lying about how you spend money
• Not paying bills • Not revealing an illness
• Seeing family and friends secretly.
A partner who discovers that they have been directly lied to, given a half-truth, or not told critical information can feel an enormous sense of betrayal. These betrayals can be hard to come back from and your partner may never feel a full sense of trust again. If this situation applies to you, the sooner you face it the better.
For more check out Very Well Mind.