Let’s get ready to …. fumble? Advancements – and the rapid roll out – for artificial intelligence started hot-and-heavy in January of this year. Right now is the perfect time for regulations to be put in place to help society, commerce and users get used to the necessary guardrails for a technology that is nothing short of transformative.
As a society, we’ve failed this test before, from intercontinental railroads 150 years ago to dark web naughtiness that should have been caught and checked far before it rolled onto the laptops of pre-teen users. Heck, maybe an entirely new oversight organization is in order.
Also this week:
- Home affordability and research/data for conundrums and solutions via BankRate.com
- First Republic is circling the drain – again
- Small Projects Bureau is potentially a marketing/branding solution for smaller enterprises that lack large-size budgets
Stuff we read and trust every week:
- Prof G: No Mercy, No Malice
- Rich DeMuro - ‘Rich on Tech’