Due to record inflation nearly everything got more expensive in 2022. Anyone who made a trip to the grocery store this year felt the sting of higher prices. But here are some food items that didn't get impacted by inflation this year.
- Strawberries: They have stayed roughly around the same price compared to other fruits and veggies this year. The popular fruit costs around $2.20 per pint around the nation.
- Steak: Even though ground beef has seen a 10% price increase, steak is about the same price as last year. While chicken is up 20% this year premium cuts of beef are actually 0.3% cheaper. Experts believe the price of steak is not inflated due to a lack of demand. As everything else has gotten so expensive people have cut back on the extras, like premium cuts of beef.
- Tomatoes: While groceries are 13% more expensive this year, tomatoes are only up 1% in 2022.
- Costco's Hotdog Combo: Since its start in 1985 Costco's hotdog and soft drink combo has cost $1.50. Despite record inflation, Costco has kept the price of this quick meal the same in 2022.
- AriZona Iced Tea: AriZona has sold 23-ounce cans of its sweet drink in a variety of flavors for over thirty years. Co-owner of the iced tea company Spencer Vultaggio said this year, "For as long as we can, we're going to hold our price."