It’s hard not to be impressed by billionaire entrepreneurs we see on TV and in the news daily, but who do people look up to the most? Well, a new poll set out to discover just that.
- A new survey by Herbalife Nutrition, conducted by OnePoll, asked 2,000 Americans who they felt were the most influential modern entrepreneurs.
- They wanted to know which ones made the biggest positive impact on society.
- Topping the list was Microsoft founder Bill Gates, receiving 21% of the vote.
- He was followed by:
- Amazon’s Jeff Bezos (18%)
- Apple’s Steve Jobs (18%)
- SpaceX/Tesla’s Elon Musk (17%)
- Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg 17%
- Oprah Winfrey (15%)
- Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation co-founder Melinda Gates (14%)
- Walmart/Sam’s Club’s Sam Walton (13%)
- Google’s Larry Page (12%)
- CNN’s Ted Turner (11%)
- Even some pop stars made the list including Beyonce (9%) and Rihanna (9%).
- The poll also found that 48% of Americans think modern entrepreneurs are more influential than their historical counterparts.
- Only 20% say the opposite.
- A third of Americans look at entrepreneurs as role models.
- But even though folks admit the positive impact entrepreneur’s make, only 38% of people say they pay attention to the headlines they make.
- As for what it takes to be a successful entrepreneur, folks say it takes:
- Specific character traits (19%)
- Having one great idea (15%)
- A commitment to hard work (14%)
Source: SWNS Digital
Photo: Getty Images