It could be a long weekend ahead in the Northeast as a fast-moving winter storm is set to dump up to 12 inches of snow.
- More than 60 million people are under winter alerts, prompting government offices and schools to close today (Friday) in cities such as Boston where a foot of snow is expected.
- The forecast also calls for Washington, D.C. to get up to 6 inches of snow.
- In Virginia, the National Guard is being mobilized to assist with emergency management as the state faces its second winter storm this week.
- Nearly 2,000 flights have already been canceled as of Friday morning, according to flightaware.com.
- When you were a kid and school was canceled for a snow day -- what was your favorite thing to do?
Photo Credit: Getty Images