The Omicron variant has now shown up in at least five states, just one day after the first case was reported in the United States.
- Ten total cases have now been confirmed in New York, California, Hawaii, Minnesota, and Colorado.
- According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the first case in the U.S. was a traveler who had returned to San Francisco from South Africa.
- In an attempt to curb the spread of new Omicron cases, President Biden said Thursday he will tighten testing rules for international flights.
- Starting Monday, all passengers, regardless of vaccination status, will have to take a COVID-19 test within one day before departure.
- How concerned are you about the Omicron variant? Will you change holiday plans because of it?
Photo Credit: Getty Images