According to The New York Times, the FDA is planning to allow vaccinated individuals to receive a different COVID-19 vaccine booster dose from the original shot they received.
- For example, if you got the Johnson & Johnson vaccine, you would be able to get a booster dose of Moderna or Pfizer's vaccine.
- Health experts will reportedly not recommend one shot over another.
- A recent study found that those who received a Johnson & Johnson vaccine and then received a Moderna booster shot saw their antibody levels increase 76-fold in 15 days.
- Pfizer's booster dose also raised antibody levels, but not as much as Moderna's, researchers found.
- An official announcement from the FDA is expected before the end of the week.
Photo Credit: Getty Images