PASADENA (CNS) - The Pasadena Police Department has completed its investigation into a woman's allegations that she was physically assaulted by Dodger pitcher Trevor Bauer during a pair of sexual encounters, and the case was presented today to the District Attorney's Office for consideration of possible charges.
Lt. Carolyn Gordon said that after an “extensive investigation,'' the matter was turned over the prosecutors for review.
The 27-year-old woman alleges Bauer physically assaulted her -- including punching her in the face and choking her into unconsciousness -- during sexual encounters that occurred on April 21 and again on May 16. Bauer has denied any wrongdoing, with his attorney and representatives saying the rough sexual encounters between the pair were consensual.
The woman obtained a temporary restraining order against Bauer in late June. But last week, following a four-day hearing, Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Dianna Gould-Saltman denied the woman's request for a five-year extension of the order, saying evidence shows Bauer never went beyond boundaries the accuser herself had set.
The judge said despite graphic photos indicating the severity of the woman's injuries, the testimony showed the accuser set the boundaries for what type of sex she would tolerate, and the pitcher abided by them. In addition to denying a long-term restraining order, she canceled the temporary one that was issued in June.
The judge also found that it was the accuser who sought to extend the relationship with Bauer.
“Respondent did not pursue petitioner, she pursued him,'' the judge said.
Bauer remains on administrative leave from the Dodgers, pending the outcome of an investigation by Major League Baseball.
Bauer signed a three-year contract with the Dodgers on Feb. 11 worth $102 million, including $40 million this season, reported to be the highest single-season salary in baseball history. Bauer won the National League Cy Young Award last season while with the Cincinnati Reds.
Copyright 2021, City News Service, Inc.