The winner of a $26 million lottery prize in California may have literally washed the chance of the jackpot down the drain.
- The winning SuperLotto Plus ticket for the November 14 drawing was sold at a convenience store in Norwalk.
- Thursday was the last day to redeem it. Nobody did.
- But a store employee told KTLA-TV that a woman came in and said she had put the ticket in her pants and it was destroyed in the washing machine.
- A copy of the surveillance video of the person who bought the ticket has been turned over to California Lottery officials.
- The claim will be investigated and there's still a chance the money could be awarded.
- What's the craziest or most expensive thing you've accidentally sent through the wash?
Photo Credit: Getty Images