- Stunning images of a patrol cars and emergency vehicles procession as they guide the body of Officer Eric Talley through the streets of Boulder, Colorado. The heart wrenching tribute after Officer Talley was shot dead as he was the first officer to respond to the mass shooting at King Sooper's grocery store.
- Officer Eric Talley, 51, was a father to seven children (ages 7-20) and among the ten people killed in the shooting.
- Images from the scene showed terrified survivors being rushed out of the store to safety by officers
- A motive for the shooting has not been determined but an AR-15 style rifle is believed to have been used.
- The suspect was taken out of King Soopers shirtless with blood running down his leg and in handcuffs.
Officer Talley joined the Boulder Police Dept. at age 40. He has been looking into a career change so he wouldn't be on the frontlines. He was planning on being a drone operator.
In 2013, Talley was among a small group of Boulder officers who made headlines after a duckling rescue from a drainage ditch. The officer had "waded into the calf-deep water to try and round up the ducks" and save them, the Daily Camera newspaper in Boulder had reported.
Talley is the first officer from the Boulder police department to be killed in the line of duty since 1994 and the sixth on-duty death in the department's history, according to the National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund.
Photo Credit: Getty Images