A massive 100-vehicle pileup in Fort Worth, Texas caused at least six deaths and dozens of injuries.
- Police say icy roads caused the pileup Thursday morning along Interstate 35.
- The wreckage stretched for more than a mile, with multiple people left trapped inside their cars.
- At least six deaths have been confirmed so far, with 36 people taken to nearby hospitals.
- The tragic accident happened within minutes.
- The deadly crash that happened at around 6 a.m.
- Fort Worth Police Officer Daniel Segura said at a press conference the scene stretched for about a mile on Interstate 35.
- First responders were working to free anyone trapped in a vehicle but some wrecked vehicles will need to be moved first, fire department spokesman Mike Drivdahl said.
- Should officials have closed down the roads rather than letting people drive in icy conditions?
Photo Credit: Getty Images