Women's March LA Canceled Due To COVID, National Unrest


LOS ANGELES (CNS) - The annual Women's March LA was canceled today, with organizers citing the continuing COVID-19 pandemic and national unrest following the recent storming of the U.S. Capitol.

The march, which annually attracts thousands of women, along with elected officials and celebrities, had been scheduled for Jan. 23.

In a statement, the Women's March Foundation said it would be “irresponsible'' to organize a march “in the face of these issues and it is imperative to keep our communities safe.''

“Although we would have loved to take to the streets to celebrate our very own (Vice President-elect) Kamala Harris, it simply is not possible,'' Emiliana Guereca, president of Women's March LA, said in a statement. “We hope to march for International Women's Day.''

In the meantime, the organization has announced plans for a virtual viewing party for the inauguration of Joe Biden and Harris on Jan. 20. Registration for that event is at

https://www.mobilize.us/womensmarchaction/event/367457/

Photo: Getty Images


Sponsored Content

Sponsored Content