On Tuesday, Los Angeles County's Public Health Director Barbara Ferrer announced at a Board of Supervisors meeting that the current stay-at-home orders will "with all certainty" be extended for at least three more months. This comes after the county reopened some retail stores for curbside pickup just last week... But Ferrer noted that the loosening of any other orders in place will happen very slowly.
“Our hope is that by using the data, we’d be able to slowly lift restrictions over the next three months,” she said.
On Wednesday, the beaches in Los Angeles county are expected to reopen, but with certain requirements. Face coverings will be required unless a person is in the water, and simply laying out to sunbathe at the beach will no longer be allowed. Only surfing, running, walking and swimming will be allowed until further notice.
Ferrer noted that only a "dramatic change to the virus and tools at hand" would change their current plans and restrictions in place. On Monday, Los Angeles reported an additional 39 deaths, bringing the county death toll to 1,570.
“It’s safer to stay at home. COVID-19 has not changed,” Ferrer told residents on Monday.
In Riverside County, 150 new cases were confirmed on Monday, along with 12 additional deaths. Orange County saw 55 new cases, while Santa Clara County actually saw a decline, only reporting two additional cases Monday.
Read the full report on the Los Angeles Times.