Well, we hate to share this news for the people from the South.
It's going to probably break your heart but we have to do it.
The New York Post just shared a video about something that happened inside a famous southern fast-food chain, Whataburger.
It's not a good video.
It shows a large Texas rodent jumping into a deep fryer.
AHH. The horror I know. How disgusting.
But imagine the guests who were eating there!!
Facebook user Brushawn Lewis was able to capture the moment on video and it quickly spread.
The video even shows the workers desperately trying to capture the rodent before it got even further. Unfortunately, they were unable to stop him.
Officials of Whataburger have responded to the incident and assured customers that they have shut down the location and had it sanitized.
They also released this statement:
“Thank you for bringing this to our attention,” the fast-food chain said. “At Whataburger, cleanliness and food safety are top priorities for us. In this instance, we closed the restaurant out of an abundance of caution and notified pest control. The entire restaurant has since been cleaned and sanitized. We addressed this situation as quickly as possible, reinforcing procedures with our Family Members. While we’ll continue to be very diligent, it’s important to know there was no history of this type incident at this unit and there is no ongoing issue.”
We don't know about you, but we'd be careful next time you go to Whataburger.
We warned you, our southern folks, we had to break your heart.
But it's okay, the BEST burger franchise would never allow this.
So next time you're having a debate who's better ask yourself this: "Would In-N-Out ever do this?"
The answer is no.