Photo: Getty Images
According to the Chicago Tribune, police in the Windy City are now investigating whether or not the "Empire" actor, Jussie Smollet staged his own attack by paying the two brothers to attack him in the Streeterville neighborhood late last month.
The new investigation plot comes after detectives were able to obtain critical information from the brothers while they were locked up in custody last week.
As well investigators were able to get new details on the rope that Smollet claims was made into a noose and placed around his neck as he was walking towards his apartment that night. Due to these new details on the attack, police released the brothers without charges.
The Chicago police announced Saturday that they hope to interview Smollett soon. Due to these new details coming to light, the actor's legal team issued a statement insisting that these new reports are a lie.
"Jussie Smollett is angered and devastated by recent reports that the perpetrators are individuals he is familiar with," read the statement from his attorneys. "He has been further victimized by claims attributed to these alleged perpetrators that Jussie played a role in his own attack. Nothing is further from the truth."
Let's not forget how the media acted on this attack. We've told you from the beginning this story had issues. The media was so quick to call this a hate crime and blame the president because supposedly they were wearing "Make America Great Again" hats and yelled "This is MAGA country".
Everyone is so quick to jump on stories that are against the President because of the media's obvious disdain towards him, but we've told you once and we'll tell you again: the media is FAKE NEWS.
This story and how it's been covered just proves it again.