Want to be a Thanksgiving pro like @ForkReporter?
Well, don't be like these people then...
Instead, follow these simple Thanksgiving safety tips.
- Stay in the kitchen to monitor stovetop foods
- Stay in the home to monitor the turkey
- Keep kids out of the cooking and serving area, or any place that will have hot surfaces, hot food items, knives, or dangerous cooking items
- Check all your smoke alarms
- You're dealing with raw poultry, so keep everything extra clean
- You know what doesn't mix with raw poultry? Vegetables. Keep them separate
- Cook your turkey to 165 degrees. No exceptions
- Don't leave food out in the danger zone (40-140 degrees Fahrenheit) for over 2 hours
- Put your leftovers in the fridge immediately