Camp Fire Missing Persons List Increases As Trump Plans To Visit Sites


Cal Fire announced on Thursday night that the 'Camp Fire' that started last week in Northern California had two different starting points. They gave no other information about the causes of the fires, as they're still under investigation, but they did say that the number of people missing has increased to over 600. 63 are reported dead.

The Camp Fire is by far the deadliest and most destructive in state history. The second deadliest was the fire that ignited in Griffith Park in 1933, killing 29.

“I want you to know, there are a lot of people displaced and ... we’re finding a lot of people don’t know that we’re looking for them,” Sheriff Kory Honea said. “The level of chaos we were dealing with was extraordinary.”

More than 12,000 buildings were destroyed in the fire. 9,700 of those were homes. As of Thursday night, the fire was 45 percent contained.

The White House recently announced that President Trump would visit California to provide federal support for the state. While there are no further details, Trump's deputy press secretary Lindsay Walters said that he plans to visit the state this Saturday to meet with the survivors of the wildfires.

Sheriff Kory Honea said that the identities of the victims will not be released until all DNA testing is completed. However, he did add that authorities have been able to identify 53 of the 63 reported dead thus far.

Read the developing story on The Sacramento Bee.


Sponsored Content

Sponsored Content