Resolution to Remove Donald Trump's Star on Walk of Fame Approved

posted by Arianna Marie - 

The resolution to remove Donald Trump's star from the Hollywood Walk of Fame was unanimously approved by the West Hollywood City Council Monday. 

Trump received his star in 2007 for his work on "The Apprentice."

West Hollywood Mayor Pro Tem John D'Amico proposed the idea to the Chamber of Commerce and "felt a responsibility to speak out against maintaining the monument to fame."

D'Amico told the LA Times,

“The message this sends men and women who come to Hollywood to launch careers in the entertainment industry is not a great one, given how Donald Trump behaves.”

Trump's star has long been the victim of vandalism after one man attacked it with a sledgehammer in October 2016 and another just last month attacking the star with a pickax. 

The star has since been repaired but D'Amico asked the Chamber of Commerce not to replace it shortly after the July pickax incident. 

“I don’t like the idea that something of that significance is telling people that if you behave like our president, you get to have a star on Hollywood Boulevard,” D’Amico said. “Having a star is a privilege.”

Calls to remove Trump's star were also made during his presidential campaign where he often characterized Mexican immigrants as rapists and criminals. 

title

Content Goes Here